Insurance is an important part of your super. It is a secure way of protecting you and your family against the financial strain that serious sickness, injury or death can cause.
Imagine being unable to work for an extended period. Most of us would not drive our car without having insurance, and your life and livelihood are no different.
After all, your ability to earn a living is one of your biggest assets. How would you pay the household, medical and other bills? Similarly, if you were to become permanently disabled, or worse, die - how would your family pay the mortgage off, school fees and other ongoing expenses? Insurance is a safety net.
We recognise that not all members are the same, and some may need additional support with their super and insurance. Our Vulnerable persons policy helps us identify vulnerable members, so we can best help them when they engage with us about their insurance.
The benefits of insurance through super
According to the government's MoneySmart website, there are benefits in getting insurance through your super. These include:
- it can be cheaper because super funds purchase insurance policies in bulk
- you can get the cover you need for you and your family, even if money is tight
- it's easy to manage because premiums are automatically deducted
- some funds automatically accept you for cover without requiring a health check
- you can usually choose the amount you want to be covered for
View the insurance options available to Prime Super members upon joining.