Losing someone you love is difficult, so we’ll do our best to make sure applying for a death payment is straightforward. We’ll help you with the application and try to have your claim dealt with as quickly as possible.
1. You will need the following information
- The deceased member’s name and date of birth
- Formal notification of death - We’ll start the claim process as soon as you advise us of the member's death, however we will need formal notification before we can finalise the claim. We’ll write to you advising what documents you need to provide us.
2. Start the claims process
There are 2 ways you can notify us of the death of a member.
1. Complete our online Notification of Death form, or
2. Call us on 1800 675 839 and let the customer service representative know that you would like to initiate a death claim.
- Confirm details of the member
- Advise you of the documents and information you need to provide for the claim to be assessed
- Send you the claim forms
3. Complete and return the Death claim forms
Please read all information we send to you carefully, and take the time you need to gather all information required. You’ll need to answer several questions and provide us with additional information.
Assessing a death claims can be complex and we are required by law to do our best to identify all potential dependants/beneficiaries to ensure the death benefit is distributed in accordance with the member’s wishes and the law. The information you provide plays an important role in this.
We understand that this can be an emotional task, but we’re here to help you every step of the way. You and any potential beneficiary may be asked for additional information related to the claim. We will always contact you in writing or by phone if this is the case.