Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) have come into force replacing the previous National Privacy Principles and Information Privacy Principles. This Privacy Statement complies with these APPs.
Privacy laws regulate, among other matters, the way we collect, use, disclose, keep secure and give access to personal or sensitive information. You or your employer will provide personal and/or sensitive information about you to the Fund for the purpose of establishing and administering your membership in the Fund. This personal and/or sensitive information may include your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, tax file number, health condition and your nominated beneficiaries if these details have been provided. The Trustee may use your personal and/or sensitive information for related purposes and may disclose your information to ensure the efficient management of your membership in the Fund.
From time-to-time, we may collect personal or sensitive information about you from a third party such as your employer or another entity involved in activities related to your membership in the Fund. We will only use your personal or sensitive information for the purpose of administering, or purposes related to the efficient management of, your membership in the Fund.
The Trustee may conduct direct marketing or send out promotional material that it believes may be of interest to you as a member. You may tell us anytime if you do not wish to receive such material by either calling us on 1800 675 839, writing to us at Locked Bag 5103, Parramatta, NSW 2124 or emailing us.
- how the Trustee collects, holds, uses and discloses personal or sensitive information;
- how you can access your personal or sensitive information that is held by the Trustee;
- how you can correct your personal or sensitive information; and
- how you can lodge an enquiry or complaint about a breach of the APPs and how the Trustee deals with these.
The Trustee collects personal or sensitive information about you that is reasonably necessary for the functions and activities of the Fund, including for the purpose of:
- processing your enrolment and benefits in the Fund (in accordance with the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth));
- administering and managing your membership in the Fund including processing your superannuation and insurance benefits, investing Fund assets, processing your death benefit should you die, and assessing claims or complaints related to your benefits in the Fund;
- correcting your personal or sensitive information;
- managing your participation in the Fund and communicating with you about the Fund;
- providing you with information about other products or services (direct marketing) that may be of assistance to you; and
- facilitating business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements.
If you do not provide the personal or sensitive information sought from time-to-time, it may mean that your enrolment or a request relating to your benefits in the Fund cannot be processed, or that services cannot be provided to you.
In general, the Trustee may disclose your personal or sensitive information (as reasonably necessary):
- to its agents, contractors, or third party service providers that provide administrative, custodial or other services in connection with the operation of the Fund or its business (eg. the Fund administrator);
- to an insurer where insurance services are arranged in connection with the Fund;
- to any new Trustee as may be appointed from time-to-time;
- to any party which holds amounts on your behalf which will be transferred to the Fund;
- where a court/tribunal order or the law requires or permits us to do so (e.g. to Regulators and law enforcement agencies);
- to offshore locations only for the purpose of administering your membership in the Fund, where our service providers have offices or agents situated overseas, including (where applicable) the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Singapore, India, Ireland, South Africa, Hong Kong; and
- under any circumstances that are permitted or required under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Information management and the internet
There are security risks when transmitting and accessing information via the internet. Participants should assess these when deciding whether to use the internet services provided by us. Use of the internet when dealing with us and the Fund is voluntary.
Our web-hosting service provider records certain information from parties who log on to the website including:
- Server address;
- Top-level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .au);
- Date and time of the visit;
- Pages viewed;
- Downloads; and
- Site transferred from.
Except where a warrant, court order or Act of Parliament requires it, we will try not to identify users or their browsing activities and will not disclose these to any party.
This Privacy Statement applies to us and the Fund, and not to any other organisation to which the Fund or our websites may link or to which users may transfer.